The latest patch for XCOM 2 adds fixes issues causing known crashes and includes some performance improvements. One of the biggest change, they removed 8x MSAA from games default Max setting for better performance.
XCOM 2 – February 17 Patch Changelog:
- Player is unable to progress to scan in the Geoscape after completing the Resistance Communications research via Tutorial – This will fix previously affected saves.
- Unable to load saves with a Chryssalid Cocoon – This will fix the issue, and for previously affected saves.
- Adjustments were made to Texture Streaming to assist with periodic frame spikes.
- Using the preview voice button for a modded voice pack will no longer crash the game when in the armory.
- Removed 8x MSAA from default Max settings.