The privacy of our visitors to TeckKnow is important to us.
At TeckKnow, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you use and visit TeckKnow, and how we safeguard your information. We never sell your personal information or email address to third parties.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files includes your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP (internet service provider), the browser you used to visit our site (such as Google Chrome or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site. We do not share your Personal Data with anyone.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and Web Beacons
We also use third-party advertisements on TeckKnow to support our site. Some of these advertisers may use technology such as cookies and web beacons when they advertise on our site, which will also send these advertisers (such as Google through the Google AdSense program) information including your IP address, your ISP, the browser you used to visit our site, and in some cases, whether you have Flash installed. This is generally used for geotargeting purposes or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing gaming ads to someone who frequents visit gaming sites).
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We use interest-based advertising which allows advertisers to show ads based on a user’s previous interactions with them, such as visits to advertiser website and also to reach users based on their interests (e.g. “sports enthusiast”). To develop interest categories, our partner Google Adsense recognizes the types of web pages you visit throughout the Google content network. As an example, if you visit a number of sports pages, we will add you to the “sports enthusiast” interest category.
Third Party Ad Servers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web Site. These companies may use information (generally, not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to this website and to other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies may employ cookies and clear GIFs to measure advertising effectiveness. Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and clear GIFs is generally not personally identifiable (unless, for example, you provide personally identifiable information to them through an ad or e-mail message). We encourage you to read these businesses’ privacy policies if you should have any concerns about how they will care for your personal information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, see the Network Advertising Initiative’s consumer website.
Advertising Option Icon
You have requested information by clicking on the Advertising Option Icon displayed on one of the website(s) owned and/or operated by TeckKnow. On this website and other TeckKnow owned and/or operated websites, we collect information about your visits to this website in order to provide advertisements of interest to you. We also work with third-party advertising companies that may collect and use information about your visits to TeckKnow and other websites in order to provide advertisements of interest to you.
We refer to this practice as online behavioral advertising and/or “interest” based advertising. If you would like to learn more about online behavioral advertising and make choices about how companies use your information, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and select one or more companies from the list of participating companies. Advertising enables us to provide the rich content that you see on this website(s). Our hope is that by presenting ads tailored to your interests, we will enhance your experience on our website(s).
TeckKnow adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising (the “Principles”), developed by the Digital Advertising Alliance, a group of leading online industry trade associations dedicated to applying consumer-friendly standards to online behavioral advertising across the Internet. To learn more about the Principles and to exercise your choice to opt-out from interest based advertising, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may opt-out from the use of your information for Online Behavioral Advertising purposes by selecting one or more companies from the list of participating companies and following the opt-out instructions.
Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choice. Also, if you choose to opt out of having your information used to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, you will continue to see advertisements on this website, but these advertisements may not be as relevant to you.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
AcceptReject Delete Cookies
If you wish to contact us regarding privacy-policy please use our contact form here.