OWC announced the all-new Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD, the highest capacity 2.5″ solid state drive ever offered by OWC. Shipping this January, the Electra MAX 6G is a high-performance 6.0Gb/s solid-state drive that combines extraordinary capacity with the award-winning performance and reliability of the OWC Mercury SSD lineup.
OWC SSDs and more than 20 other products will be on display at OWC’s booth at the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) Show, in Anaheim, California, January 21-24, 2016. OWC will exhibit an impressive catalog of award-winning storage solutions, SSDs, and memory upgrades for music production professionals.
Highlights of the 2.0TB Mercury Electra MAX 6G SSD
- Highest capacity 2.5″ SSD ever offered by OWC, 2.0TB
- SATA 3.0 6G speed up to 490MB/s sustained, fully compatible with SATA 2.0 (3G) and SATA (1.5G)
- MLC flash for performance and reliability
- A suite of industry-leading controller technologies:
- o Global wear leveling algorithms automatically distribute data evenly, maximizing the SSD lifespan
- o StaticDataRefresh manages free space efficiently and safely, preventing data corruption
- o Hardware Error-Correcting Code corrects errors as they occur for superior data retention
- o Advanced security protocol support including 128/256-bit-AES full-disk encryption
- Seven percent over provisioning for exceptional reliability and consistently fast performance
- Three-year OWC SSD limited warranty.
The Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD delivers exceptional speeds and offers reliable, consistent high performance via the 6G SATA interface. Sequential read performance reaches up to 490MB/s, with write performance up to 471 MB/s. Read performance for incompressible data is up to 466 MB/s with write speeds of up to 447 MB/s.
Utilizing advanced controller technologies along with seven percent over-provisioning; the Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD provides RAID-like data protection and reliability without sacrificing performance due to parity operations.
“The Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD was designed from the ground up for heavy-duty use,” said Larry O’Connor, Founder and CEO, OWC. “Our benchmark testing yielded impressive results, but the Electra MAX truly shines when performance matters most, especially in real-world content creation applications.”
Availability and Pricing
Shipping this January, the Mercury Electra MAX 6G 2.0TB SSD will be available at OWC authorized resellers and MacSales. The MSRP is $799.99 with street pricing from under $700.