Today MSI introduced its X299 Tomahawk Arctic motherboard, featuring a white color scheme with gray and black accents. The board features a white PCB with gray strips. The chipset and VRM heatsinks also carry same white scheme. The board features a 9-phase CPU VRM with a 4-phase memory power design equipped with a single 8-pin EPS connector with standard 24-pin ATX.
The X299 Tomahawk Arctic features four PCIe 3.0 x16 which work at (x16/NC/x16/NC or x16/NC/x8/x8 or x8/x8/x8/x8 with 44-lane CPUs; x16/NC/NC/NC or x8/NC/x8/x4 with 28-lane CPUs). The first and third slots feature metal reinforcement. For storage, the board has two 32 Gb/s M.2 slots, a 32 Gb/s U.2 port, and eight SATA 6 Gb/s ports. The Networking is care of a single GbE connection driven by Intel i219-V controller. For audio, X299 Tomahawk Arctic features MSI’s Audio Boost IV with a Realtek ALC1150 (up to 115 dBA SNR) CODEC with audio-grade capacitors and ground-layer isolation. As of now, no pricing revealed.
- M.2 SHIELD FROZR: Strengthened built-in M.2 thermal solution. Keeps M.2 SSDs safe while preventing throttling, making them run faster.
- Designed for Extreme Performance: TURBO SOCKET with GAME BOOST, DIGITALL POWER Design
- Lightning Fast Game experience: TWIN TURBO M.2 with M.2 Shield FROZR and Intel Optane Memory
Ready, Turbo U.2, LIGHTNING USB 3.1 GEN2
- GAMING LAN with LAN Protect, powered by Intel® : The best online gaming experience with lowest latency and bandwidth management
- AUDIO BOOST 4 with NAHIMIC 2+: Reward your ears with studio grade sound quality for the most immersive gaming experience
- MULTI-GPU: With STEEL ARMOR PCI-E slots. Supports 3-Way NVIDIA SLI™ & 3-Way AMD crossfire™
- SYSTEM SAVER: 3 easy to use options to successfully boot your system again.
- VR READY and VR BOOST: Best virtual reality game experience without latency, reduces motion sickness. Supports Nahimic VR & TriDef VR.
- Model Name: X299 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC
- Segment: Arsenal GAMING
- CPU support: Supports New Intel® Core™ X-series Processor Family
- CPU socket: LGA 2066
- Chipset: Intel® X299 Chipset
- Graphics Interface: 4 x PCI-E 3.0 x16 slot, 3-way SLI / CrossFire
- Memory support: 8 DIMMs, Quad Channel DDR4-4266+MHz; Dual Channel DDR4-4500+MHz
- Expansion slots: 2 x PCI-E 3.0 x1 slots, SATA / M.2 / U.2 8x SATA 6Gb.s ports, 2x Turbo M.2 slots, 1x Turbo U.2 connector
- Intel® Optane™: Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
- USB 3.1: Gen2 3 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (Type A+C)
- USB 3.1: Gen1 8 x USB 3.1 Gen1
- USB 2.0: 7 x USB 2.0
- LAN: Intel® I219-V Gigabit LAN
- Audio: 7.1 Channel