Microsoft going to launching an Xbox wireless adapter for PC on October 20th, this adapter will allow PC gamers to use the new controller wirelessly on the PC.
Until now PC gamers can only use an Xbox One controller on PC when wired to PC and using a driver which Windows does not install automatically. The new adapter will work on Windows 10 devices, but it may not be supported by other OS’ like Windows 8.1 or Windows 7.
“We are happy to announce that starting this fall, you’ll be able to purchase the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows to enjoy the freedom and convenience of the wireless controller on Windows 10 PCs, laptops, and tablets,”
• Play with your Xbox Wireless Controller on Windows 10 PCs, laptops, and tablets.
• Use it with PC games, and Xbox One games streamed to Windows 10.
• Simply bind the Adapter to your Wireless Controller to enable the same gaming experience you are used to on Xbox One, including in-game chat and high quality stereo audio.
• Extend the USB connection to your Windows 10 PC, laptop, or tablet to enhance placement and accessibility to the Wireless Adapter with the included USB extender cable.
1. Wireless Adapter
2. Includes USB extender cable
• For use with the Xbox One Wireless Controller or Xbox Wireless Controller and controller compatible games on PCs and Tablets running Windows 10 with USB 2.0 or USB 3.0.
• Not compatible with controllers designed for Xbox 360. Significant firmware update may be required; ISP fees apply. Please visit xbox.com/xboxone/controllerupdate for update instructions.
Tis new Wireless Adapter will cost $24.99. If you want to buy it with an Xbox One Controller as a bundle then its $79.95. Microsoft say that the adapter will be “sold in most markets where Xbox accessories are currently available.”