Linksys, a leader in networking solutions for the home and business and the first to ship 100 million routers, today announced, it is shipping its new 802.11ac Tri-Band MU-MIMO Router. The Linksys Max-Stream EA9300 is an AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band router delivering wireless speeds up to 4 Gbps for simultaneous downloading, streaming, gaming and surfing. Offering MU-MIMO (Multi-User, Multiple-Input, Multiple Output), the next generation Wi-Fi 802.11ac Wave 2 technology, helps improve overall performance and efficiency of a Wi-Fi network while providing dedicated bandwidth to MU-MIMO capable client devices as if they have their own dedicated router. Linksys offers the largest and broadest portfolio of MU-MIMO Wi-Fi solutions on the market.
“Our latest AC4000 Max-Stream MU-MIMO Tri-band router features blazing-fast Wi-Fi speeds up to 4 Gbps, MU-MIMO technology, six high-gain antennas and three radios (one 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz) which helps eliminate buffering or lag for movie streamers and gamers when everyone in the household is on the Wi-Fi network,” said Justin Doucette, senior director, product management at Linksys. “With upcoming new features such as Dual WAN capabilities, Link Aggregation or DFS, this router can work well for the most demanding home networks for super-fast video streaming and data backup or for work from home users that need a VPN connection to the office network for a more secure remote access connection.”
Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router (EA9300)
The Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router is outfitted with Next Gen AC Wi-Fi technologies such as Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) and Tri-Band that work in concert to deliver powerful Wi-Fi at the same time and same speed to multiple connected devices including TVs, gaming consoles, wireless printers, laptops plus others at combined speeds up to 4 Gbps*. The Linksys Max-Stream AC4000 provides easy setup options to get a home office up and running quickly along with the exclusive Linksys app that provides added control of the EA9300 Wi-Fi Router from anywhere at any time using a mobile device. The Max-Stream EA9300 Wi-Fi Router also features a robust set of advanced offerings:
- Tri-Band AC4000 (3x3x3) – Up to 4 Gbps Max combined – 2x 1625 Gbps (5GHz) + 750 Mbps (2.4GHz)
- MU-MIMO 802.11AC Wave 2 technology for simultaneous 4K Streaming on multiple devices at the same time
- Quad-Core 1.8GHz CPU with three offload processors provide the fastest processing speed
- Airtime Fairness – Allows faster devices to have more airtime than slower devices
- Auto Firmware Updates – Linksys automatically pushes the software update to the router overnight and seamlessly brings the latest features and security to a home network
- Amazon Alexa support – Three new skills including turning guest access on and off, obtaining guest Wi-Fi credentials, as well as getting main network credentials read back to the user.
- Linksys App lets users monitor and control their home Wi-Fi from anywhere on their mobile device
- Advanced Beamforming – Beamforming technology helps reduce and maximize the Wi-Fi performance and coverage for both 2.4 and 5GHz bands.
- SmartConnect Band Steering – Band steering balances your 5GHz Wi-Fi connections and intelligently choose the best radio band for your devices for the best Wi-Fi performance on your network
- Seamless Roaming± – Technology provides Room-to-Room Wi-Fi with one network name when paired with a Max-Stream Range Extender (RE7000)
- Active Antennas – Six active high-performance antennas with 9x High Power Amplifiers help to provide optimal coverage and maximum signal strength
- Gigabit Ports – Five Gigabit Ethernet ports (4 LAN + 1 WAN)
- USB 3.0 Port – Connect shared network storage devices and printers
- Network Security – SPI Firewall and DoS Protection provide the best in class network security
Upcoming features (via automatic firmware update)
- Dual WAN – Dual WAN can aggregate the bandwidths of two WAN connections to achieve a higher Internet bandwidth greater than 1Gbps
- Link Aggregation – Supports up to 2Gbps for file transfer
- Advanced Band Steering – Auto select the most appropriate band between 2.4 and 5Ghz for client devices to achieve the best Wi-Fi performance
- DFS Channels Support – DFS (Dynamic Frequency Selection) will provide up to four times more channels within the 5GHz band helping to improve the internet speed with less traffic congestion. This feature can help users achieve true lag free 4K content streaming
- OpenVPN Server- VPN feature allows users too remotely and securely access resources shared within their home local area network
The Linksys AC4000 MU-MIMO Tri-Band Router (EA9300) is available immediately on Linksys.com, Amazon and Best Buy.com and is planned to be available at Best Buy, B& H, Fry’s, Meijer, Micro Center, Nebraska Furniture Mart, New Egg, Office Depot and Walmart this weekend for an estimated street price of USD $299.99.