LG has just unveiled its G5 smartphone at Mobile World Congress. The new G5 featuring a 5.3-inch QHD display with a full-metal body. LG revealed The ‘magic slot’, which allows removable battery, and so much more.
This the first device to come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor inside. With it a 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB of on-board storage with option to expandable up to 2TB with microSD. As the previous gen the new G5 comes with a 16-megapixel rear-facing camera but this time with another 8-megapixel wide angle (135-degree field of view) camera. At the front an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for selfe shots. Software wise, it comes with latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and the usual Wi-Fi 802.11 ab/g/n/ac and USB Type-C connectivity. LG has included a 2800mAh removable battery.
The G5 feature always-on display that show the clock and some other things. This isn’t the first time LG has used an always-on display, as it was featured on the V10 smartphone. But to save battery, only 1/3 of the screen is turned on, with LG saying it uses only 0.8% of the battery every hour.
LG G5 also have Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 charging technology, that will get your smartphone charging up to 4x quicker, and up to 45% more efficient than QC2.0.
- Chipset: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 820 Processor
- Display: 5.3-inch Quad HD IPS Quantum Display (2560 x 1440 / 554ppi)
- Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 32GB UFS ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
- Camera: Rear Standard 16MP, Wide 8MP / Front 8MP
- Battery: 2,800mAh (removable)
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Size: 149.4 x 73.9 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 159g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / USB Type-C / NFC / Bluetooth 4.2
- Colors: Silver / Titan / Gold / Pink
LG want to build a modular Eco system with magic slot and virus modules accessories. To know more about LG’s new Companion Devices check our post here.