- 1TB and 2TB Drives Now Available
- Stores Over 500,000 Photos and 160 Movies
Fountain Valley, CA – February 27, 2017 – Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the most anticipated mobile storage drive from 2017 International CES, DataTraveler® Ultimate Generation Terabyte (DTUGT), the world’s largest capacity USB Flash drive. DataTraveler Ultimate GT offers up to 2TB of storage and USB 3.1 Gen 1 (USB 3.0) performance.
Tom’s Hardware, one of the most respected technology hardware sites around the world, awarded DTUGT its “CES 2017 Best In Show” honor. DataTraveler Ultimate GT features superior quality in a high-end design and zinc-alloy metal casing for shock-resistance. Tech enthusiasts and professional users with high-capacity storage needs will have the ability to store immense amounts of data in a portable form factor, up to 70 hours of 4K video storage on a 2TB drive1. For more information please see below or refer to the following reference table for storage capacities.
“We are always striving to create new and better storage solutions to meet our customers’ needs especially in an ever-increasing digital world,” said Jean Wong, Flash business manager, Kingston. “With the release of the DataTraveler Ultimate GT, users can push the boundaries of their mobile storage needs and ensure that they have more than enough space to store their video, photos and files in a small form factor.”
DataTraveler Ultimate GT is available in 1TB and 2TB capacities. It is backed by 5-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information, visit www.kingston.com
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate GT Features and Specifications:
- Capacities2: 1TB, 2TB
- Speed3: USB 3.1 Gen. 14
- Dimensions: 75.18mm x 27mm x 21.02mm
- Operating Temperature: -25°C to 60°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 85°C
- Warranty: 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Compatible with: Windows® 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 (SP1), Mac OS v.10.9.x+, Linux v.2.6.x+, Chrome OS™
|DataTraveler Ultimate GT Part Numbers|
|OS List||USB 2.0||USB 3.0 / USB 3.1|
|Windows® 7 (SP1)||Yes||Yes|
|Mac OS (v. 10.9.x +)||Yes||Yes|
|Linux (v. 2.6.x +)||Yes||Yes|
- Based on Flash Memory Storage Chart
- Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash memory Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
- Speed may vary due to host and device configuration.
- USB 3.1 Gen. 1 performance requires a host device with a USB 3.0 or 3.1 port.