Creating rich, immersive experiences and bringing them to life takes a lot of compute power. Creators, gamers and enthusiasts have an insatiable demand for more power, more performance and more capability that lets them focus on what they want to do, not on whether their computer is up to the task. Intel is committed to continue giving them that extreme platform. Introducing the new Intel Core X-series processor family: Intel’s most scalable, accessible and powerful desktop platform ever. Ranging from 4 to 18 cores, it offers unprecedented scalability. With price points to match, there is an Intel Core X-series processor that is sure to meet the needs for the widest range of enthusiast customers ever.
We’re also introducing the entirely new Intel Core i9 processor brand, representing the highest performance for advanced gaming, VR and content creation. At the top of the lineup is the new Intel Core i9 Extreme Edition processor – the first consumer desktop CPU with 18 cores and 36 threads of power. Select SKUs of the Intel Core X-series processor family brings extreme performance to enthusiasts with Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 creating new levels of single-threaded and dual-threaded performance.
The Intel Core X-series processor family also delivers the first teraflop desktop CPU from Intel. And install Intel Optane memory, a smart system accelerator to improve system responsiveness with large storage drives. Intel Core X-series processors use more cores and more threads to do more simultaneous workloads, like extreme mega-tasking. For our enthusiasts, we have new overclocking features including AVX 512 ratio offset, memory controller trim voltage control, and PEG/DMI overclocking to get more performance than ever before.
Extreme Performance for Single-Thread and Multithread Computing:
- Up to 10 percent faster multithread performance over previous generation
- Up to 15 percent faster single-thread performance over previous generation
- Massive 36-thread performance and quad-channel memory for content creation and extreme mega-tasking
- Up to 44 lanes of PCIe 3.0 directly connected to the CPU, to expand your system with fast SSDs, multiple discrete graphics cards and ultrafast Thunderbolt 3 technology
- New! Intel Core i9 Extreme Edition processor featuring 18 cores and 36 threads
- New! Intel’s most scalable high-end desktop platform ever with 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, and 4-core options
- New! Intel X299 chipset with improved I/O capabilities
- New! LGA 2066 socket for Intel Core X-series processor family
- New! Additional system performance and amazing responsiveness with Intel Optane memory support
- Improved Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 (select SKUs) for single- and multithreaded performance
- Up to 44 lanes of PCIe 3.0 directly connected to the CPU
- Up to 4 channel DDR4-2666 memory support, support for the Intel Extreme Memory Profile (Intel XMP) specification, revision 2.0 for DDR4
- Fully unlocked for performance tuning
- Rebalanced smart cache hierarchy
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology
Systems and boxed processors are available at launch via online retail and through channel partners in all geographies.
Scalability with 10, 8, 6, and 4 cores (18, 16, 14, and 12 cores coming soon!)
For more information, visit the product page.