Homefront: The Revolution has received a PC performance patch, that promises 15% extra performance and two brand new mission for the game’s resistance mode. The “performance patch” have hundreds of bug fixes. The details are down below:
Frame rate Improvements
The biggest problem players experienced at the launch of Homefront: The Revolution was inconsistent frame rate. We have been working hard to improve this incrementally throughout previous patches, and have now boosted frame rate a further 15% on top of the 25% improvement already achieved in 1.06. This will ensure a much smoother experience for everyone playing across all platforms.
Save Game Stalls
The team have also been working on another of the bigger issues since we launched, ‘stalls’ that were present when the game is saving. We reduced the number of stalls occurring in previous patches, but the team have spent further work to reduce this event entirely. We are happy to report that this has been greatly reduced from the 5 to 10 seconds originally reported to becoming unnoticeable as you play through the game.
As mentioned above, we have been regularly reviewing Community reported issues and have spent time fixing up the most commonly reported bugs that players have unfortunately encountered whilst playing Campaign and Resistance Mode. Further details of the main issues fixed will be present in the Patch Notes.
Some players have been requesting the ability to hide certain UI elements from the HUD. We are pleased to announce this is now possible. Players will see a new menu item under Options called “HUD”. Here you will be able to toggle elements on or off to change your experience.
Resistance Mode – 2 New Maps
“The KPA seem to be massing their drone forces, we believe they’re planning a huge mechanised attack, but if we can destroy their fuel supplies we can stop the drones in their tracks. Find the KPA fuel dump and eliminate it.”
“The KPA have retaken parts of Lombard and are probing our defences at Independence Hall. We think they might be planning a major assault. We need the Resistance Goliath to repel their attack but its offline. Repair the Goliath and defend Independence Hall at all costs.”
Resistance Mode – Guerrilla Score
The ‘Guerrilla Score’ system has been introduced to indicate a player’s overall experience with the game. Players can earn Guerrilla Score by ranking up characters, completing missions on increasing difficulties, earning new citations and increasing a character’s ‘Renown’.
Resistance Mode – Renown
Players who have reached top rank on characters will be pleased to hear that our new ‘Renown’ system will allow continued play. All XP gained at max rank contributes towards a character’s renown, increase their Renown to earn more Guerrilla Score and Armory crates.
The full patch notes are:
- 2 New Resistance Mode Map ‘Boom Patrol’ & ‘Indy Forever’
- Save Stall Reduction
- Smoother framerate and improved performance throughout the game via
- Spawning Optimisations
- Checkpoint Save Optimisations
- Lighting and Particle Optimisations
- Bug fixes and stability improvements including
- Fix for intermittent issue in which a box could get stuck preventing Medical Supplies Strikpoint completing correctly
- Fix for enemies not spawning correctly on occasion preventing Old Town Apartment Strikepoint completing correctly
- Fix for padlocks not being able to be destroyed in certain situations preventing Car Park Chop Shop Strikepoint to be completed
- Fix for black screen sometimes occurring following Aftermath mission and cinematic cutscene’s
- Fixed an issue with some players losing equipment when continuing save game from a previous patch
- Fixed a further issue some players experience with the SAM launcher becoming blocked in End Game
- New Resistance Mode Features
- Added ‘Guerrilla Score’ system to indicate a player’s overall experience in the game. Players can earn Guerrilla score by ranking up characters, completing missions on increasing difficulties, earning new citations and increasing a characters ‘Renown’.
- Added ‘Renown’ system to reward continued play with a character at the rank cap. All XP gained at max rank contributes towards a character’s renown, increase their Renown to earn more Guerrilla Score and Armory crates.
- Added the ability to set Resistance Mode character name with more than basic English characters
- Updated Resistance Mode End of Mission display to better present end of match rewards
- Resistance Mode bug fixes and stability improvements
- Inside Job achievement tweak to reduce the number of reinforcements called after securing a stronghold