The Coalition finally responded to gamers demand for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition V-Sync disable option, with the new update you can disable V-Sync for higher FPS, but for this to work you need an OS update.
In this new update, Coalition also added some nice options too like anisotropic filtering and an FPS counter with some minor bug fixes. Full details are down below.
Title Update 5 – Patch Notes
- Added v-sync toggle to video options. Toggle “off” to not be limited by your monitor’s refresh rate. Note: This requires an OS update that can be found here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3156421
- Added frame rate limit selector to video options. Use to reduce your frame rate if you are getting too much tearing, or choose unlimited to let the game render as fast as possible. Note: This option is best used with v-sync off. With v-sync on, it will force the game onto a refresh interval (render every refresh, every second refresh, etc.).
- Added anisotropic filtering setting to video options.
- Added FPS counter toggle to video options.
- Fixed a bug where post processing could become disabled.
- Fixed a bug where PSO’s could be created on the fly instead of read from the cache, causing hitches.