Since January, case modders young and old have been busy in their basements, driveways, kitchens and bathrooms, taking over just about any place they can find. Many spent hundreds of hours putting both craft and creation to the test in pursuit of a title in the world’s largest modding competition. We held events on four continents introducing people to local modders, gear, and training in the art. All of this culminated in over 120 worklogs and entries, of which 82 made the final submissions.
Scratch-built demons, giant critters, cyborgs, orbs, and monsters roamed among the many high-class tower mods trimmed and dressed with the best materials and sharp designs. The scene’s biggest names – Peter Brands, Richard Keirsgieter, Richard Surroz, Ronnie Hara, Brian Farrell, Ermanno Bonandini, and Antony Leather – gave scores that came down to the decimal point. Over 21,000 votes also piled up in just a week for this year’s two People’s Choice Award winners.
Here are the winners, by rank and category:
- 1st: Ghost Rider by Modder Crow, Thailand
- 2nd: Re.born by Masbuskado, Dominican Republic
- 3rd: GSW CYBORG by Nenad Milic, Serbia
- 1st: Master of Dimension by ภควัต ไชยบุญมา (Mr. Waii), Thailand
- 2nd: Gigantea by David Cathey, United States
- 3rd: Master X5 by neSSa, Serbia
People’s Choice Awards
- Scratch Build –TriHexa 666 – Apocalypse Dragon by Kanishka Akalanka, Sri Lanka
- Tower Mod – Pandora Box Pegasus by Allyson Carneiro, Brazil
The winners are walking away with US $30,000 in cash and prizes for their achievements, with goodies supplied by Avexir, OCZ, Asus, Nvidia, Dremel, and Cooler Master. Prizes include an array of high-end gear such as Cooler Master’s highly acclaimed MasterCase Maker 5, Avexir’s ROG-certified DDR4 modules, OCZ’s sizable SSDs from their decorated Vector 180 series, NVIDIA’s most powerful GeForce graphics cards, massive motherboards from ASUS, and precision rotary tools from Dremel.