ASUS have unveiled their new ROG GTX 1080 Ti Poseidon, offering a hybrid air/water cooler featuring next generation DirectCU H20 cooling.
ASUS has improved the cooler design when compared to their previous DirectCU H2O design, the GTX 1080 Ti Poseidon will offer 40% more heatsink dissipation areas and a 20% increase in water channel flow. This new GPU design will have higher operating temperatures when running on air cooling only compare to a standard air cooled cards like STRX GTX 1080 Ti. Though, when running in hybrid mode with water cooling the card will much much better temps and results in higher overclock.
At this time ASUS has not announced the final clock speeds of ROG GTX 1080 Ti Poseidon, though it is likely to offer speeds that similar to ASUS’ existing GTX 1080 Ti Strix.
ASUS ROG POISEDON GTX 1080 Ti features:
- Next-gen DirectCU H2O hybrid cooling for complete flexibility for either air or liquid cooling.
- Standard G1/4-Inch Terminal Block design lets users easily plumb a custom water loop using a variety of fittings.
- Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan.
- ASUS Fanconnect II provides hybrid-controlled system fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- ASUS Aura RGB lighting with an infinite-reflection design.
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB synchronization enables a gaming system personalization.
ASUS ROG POISEDON GTX 1080 Ti Specifications
|Graphics Engine||NVIDIA® Geforce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Bus Standard||PCI Express® 3.0|
|GPU Boost Clock||TBD|
|GPU Base Clock||TBD|
|Video memory||GDDR5X 11GB|
|Power Connectors||2x 8pin|
|Max. Digital Resolution||7680x 4320|
|Connectivity||1x Native Dual-link DVI-D|
2x Native HDMI 2.0
2x Native DisplayPort 1.4
|Software Bundled||GPU Tweak II & Driver|
|Accessory Bundled||1X ROG Velcro Hook & Loop|
1x Power Cable
Check out the unveiled video there.