While we are anxiously waiting for VEGA to come out, AMD has refreshed its RX400 series with RX500 series, which AMD claimed has based on a “refined” variants of the “Polaris10” family of GPUs. Though, it’s turned out that it’s just reworked BIOS, as the old RX 480/470 can be flashed with new RX 580/570 BIOS’s to get the same clock speeds as new cards. But for RX 560 we may see some actual difference other than clock speed increases, as AMD intentionally disable some shaders on RX460 for no clear reason. Though, the RX560 has all 1024 unified shaders enable compare to 896 unified shaders of RX 460. Another change is increased 64 TMUs compare to 56 TMUs of RX460. So how much difference this change makes, let’s find out.
AMD RX 560 is targeted to mass-gaming community’s, for multiplayer MOBA and e-Sports based gaming at 1080p with sub-$200 price point. AMD wants to target casual PC gamer whom may not want to run everything at max settings or push very high resolution or refresh rate. The Polaris 11 which was used in the RX 560 is basically a mobile GPU developed for utilization in laptops. The RX 560 GPU core (Codename Baffin) based on the 4th generation GCN architecture and built on the 14 NM FinFET+ process.
The ASUS ROG STRIX RX RX560 4 GB Gaming is designed to provide max performance possible, with improved dual-fan custom cooler and a full custom PCB with better VRM design. Like the previous STRIX RX RX460, the new ROG STRIX RX RX560 features same RGB lighting and one PWM fan connector at the back for a case fan.
- 1336 MHz engine clock in OC mode for outstanding performance and gaming experience.
- DirectCU II with Patented Wing-Blade 0dB Fan Design delivers maximum air flow with 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance.
- IP5X-Certified Fans are dust resistant and longer fan lifespan.
- ASUS FanConnect II equips with hybrid controlled fan header for optimal system cooling.
- Industry-Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- Aura RGB Lighting to express personalized gaming style.
- GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and lets you stream your gameplay instantly.