AMD made quite a buzz with is Polaris architecture built on the 14 nanometer FinFET process and promised to give premium VR experience at a lower price, but all of this doesn’t justify by the reference card with the stock cooler. So today we are going to check the ASUS offering with its ROG STRIX RX 480 OC, which has a much better dual-slot, triple-fan cooler with ASUS custom design PCB and higher quality components.
The ASUS ROG STRIX RX 480 OC comes with a factory overclock of 1330MHz boost clock in OC mode. The card also features ASUS Aura RGB Lighting, ASUS FanConnect which 4-pin GPU-controlled case fan connectors and VR-friendly HDMI Port. So it is enough to consider the additional price of ROG STRIX RX 480 OC over reference design RX480, let’s find out.
- 1330MHz boost clock in OC mode for outstanding performance and gaming experience
- DirectCU III with Patented Wing-Blade Fans delivers 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance.
- ASUS FanConnect features 4-pin GPU-controlled headers connected to system fans for optimal thermal performance.
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy PowerII delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- Aura RGB Lighting to express personalized gaming style.
- VR-friendly HDMI Ports for immersive virtual reality experiences.
- GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and lets you stream your gameplay instantly.