We already saw what kind of performance we can expect for RTX 2080 and 2080 Ti in our previous review, but the card which most of us will be able to afford them and for them the RTX 2070 becomes the cheapest option currently available. If you read our previous review you know the RTX performance in Battlefield V was not so great, so we waited for new RTX performance patch before conducting this review. The RTX 2070 sets on the bottom at RTX series and features NVIDIA’s new series is the RTX Technology, which brings real-time ray tracing in games.
Today we are going to take look at ASUS custom designed ROG STRIX RTX 2070. The ASUS ROG STRIX cards are the company’s most premium offing with a fully custom PCB design with over-designed VRM and a triple fan cooler design. The RTX 2070 featuring TU106 with a 445mm² die size and comes with 2304 CUDA cores, 64 ROPs and 144 Texture units. The RTX 2070 comes with 36 RT cores and 288 Tensor cores for real-time ray tracing process. The ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 OC offers fully custom PCB design with over-designed VRM and a triple fan cooler design. Which supposed to make it much better than NVIDIA’s FE card, and also due to better VRM design can give a better power delivery to sustain higher clock speed in games. So should you spend extra for a premium ROG STRIX RTX 2070 OC? Let’s find out.
- NVIDIA TURING™: ROG GeForce RTX™ graphics cards are powered by the Turing GPU architecture and the all-new RTX platform. This gives you up to 6X the performance of previous-generation graphics cards and brings the power of real-time ray tracing and AI to games.
- DirectX 12: Power new visual effects and rendering techniques for more lifelike gaming.
- NVIDIA Shadowplay™ Record and share high-quality gameplay videos, screenshots, and livestreams with your friends.
- Patented Wing-blade Fans deliver high air pressure, reduced noise levels, IP5X certified dust resistance, and 0dB mode for silent gaming.*
- MaxContact Technology allows 2X more contact with the GPU chip for improved thermal transfer.
- Auto-Extreme Technology uses automation to enhance reliability.
- Super Alloy Power II includes premium alloy chokes, solid polymer capacitors, and an array of high-current power stages to fuel Turing™’s cores.
- ASUS FanConnect II equips 2 hybrid-controlled fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- GPU Tweak II provides intuitive performance tweaking and thermal controls.