NVIDIA’s most price to performance card from GTX 1000 series was GTX 1070, but with the launch of AMD’s Vega 56 has taken that crown from it. But NVIDIA has responded with GTX 1070 Ti to take but its place as the best price to performance card holder. NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 1070 Ti features the same Pascal GP104 built on 16nm, but with 2432 Unified shaders which just 128 shader processors lower than that of the GeForce GTX 1080 and significantly higher than GTX 1070’s 1920 shaders. The memory still 8GB of GDDR5 running at 8GHz effective. The 180W TDP of the card is also same as GTX 1080, meaning the new GTX 1070 Ti packs some serious GPU horsepower, so much so that NVIDIA restricted AIB partners to not ship the cards with out-of-box overclocks as they are afraid as it will have cannibalized its own GTX 1080 cards.
Today we are going to check ASUS new ROG STRIX GTX1070TI-A8G GAMING card. Now, ASUS ROG didn’t need any introductions as it’s one of the most popular among gamers and enthusiasts. The ROG STRIX GTX 1070 Ti comes with an improved STRIX cooler with RGB Aura lighting and OC mode that users can enable which has a very healthy factory overclock. So is the GTX 1070 Ti has all it takes to make it the new price to performance king, let’s find out.
- 1759MHz MHz boost clock in OC mode for outstanding performance and gaming experience.
- DirectCU III with Patented Wing-Blade Fans for 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance.
- ASUS FanConnect features 4-pin GPU-controlled headers connected to system fans for optimal thermal performance.
- MaxContact Technology that is 2X more contact with GPU for improved thermal transfer.
- Patented Wing-Blade IP5X-Certified Fans for maximum airflow and longer fan lifespan.
- ASUS FanConnect II equips with hybrid controlled fan headers for optimal system cooling.
- Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
- ASUS Aura Sync RGB LED synchronization enables a gaming system personalization.
- VR-friendly HDMI ports let you enjoy VR experiences anytime without having to swap cables.
- GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and real-time streaming.
- NVIDIA ANSEL for a revolutionary new way to capture in-game screenshots.
- NVIDIA GameWorks™ provides an interactive and cinematic experience, as well as incredibly smooth gameplay.