ASUS’s Maximus Hero series is known for being higher-end ROG features at a lower price point. Before Hero series, you have to buy top of the line Maximus Formula or Extreme to get ROG class motherboard. With Intel Z170 chipset, Asus makes its eighth edition of Maximus line of the motherboard. The Z170 ROG Maximus VIII Hero bring most of the features from flagship boards but still been reasonably priced. With new Intel Z170 chipset and LGA 1151 socket, Maximus VIII Hero only supports new Skylake CPUs, like Core i7 6770K and Core i5 6600K; with it new DDR4 memory controller.
- LGA1151 socket for 6th-gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors.
- Dual DDR4 3733 (OC) support.
- Best gaming performance – 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning, 2nd-generation T-Topology, and OC design
- Best gaming audio – reinvented SupremeFX 2015 with intuitive Sonic Studio II.
- Best gaming networking – best-in-class Intel® Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst technology.
- Best gaming protection – carefully-selected premium components to ensure maximum durability.
- ROG gives you more – more gaming-oriented utilities