Today, AMD, along with its global ecosystem of server customers and partners, launched the EPYC 7000 series of high-performance datacenter processors. With up to 32 high-performance “Zen” cores and an unparalleled feature set, the record-setting AMD EPYC design delivers greater performance across a full range of integer, floating point, memory bandwidth, and I/O benchmarks and workloads.
EPYC Product Overview
- A highly scalable System on Chip (SoC) design ranging from 8-core to 32-core, supporting two high-performance threads per core.
- Industry-leading memory bandwidth across the line-up, with 8 channels of memory on every EPYC device. In a two-socket server, support for up to 32 DIMMS of DDR4 on 16 memory channels, delivering up to 4 terabytes of total memory capacity.
- Unprecedented support for integrated, high-speed I/O with 128 lanes of PCIe 3 on every product.
- A highly-optimized cache structure for high-performance, energy efficient compute.
- AMD Infinity Fabric coherent interconnect linking EPYC CPUs in a two-socket system
- Dedicated security hardware
Please visit the AMD EPYC landing page for more details.