Alienware first showcases its Alienware 13 at CES 2016 in January, which was the world’s first gaming laptop with OLED display. Now is finally launching according to the Alienware camp out at E3.
The Alienware 13 has been designed in a partnership with Samsung, featuring a 100,000:1 contrast ratio and a lightning fast 1ms response time display.
Alienware says “More consumers are embracing OLED graphics in televisions and smartphones, with self-lighting pixels that can switch off completely to achieve perfect black for significantly higher contrast.”
Alienware 13 starts at $1399, and currently rocking a GTX 965M with 4GB of VRAM, but it may change in future. Although the Alienware 13 will support Alienware Graphics Amplifier and VR-Ready!
Alienware 13 with OLED display options include:
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 CPUs
- Graphics options include NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M with 2GB up to the GeForce GTX 965M with 4GB
- 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L memory configurable up to 16GB
- 500GB 5400RPM Hybrid (8GB Cache) SSD SATA 6Gb/s to 128GB mSATA SSD + 512GB PCIe SSD multi-drive storage
- NEW OLED QHD touchscreen display
- Killer Networking Ethernet and Wi-Fi come standard for peak performance
- Starting at $1299 SAPP